Many browsers can deliver push notifications even when a website is closed. Learn how to choose which websites are allowed to send you push notifications.
Chrome (Desktop & Android) / Firefox (Desktop)
- go to the website which you want authorize (or block)
- click the green lock icon near the website name in the address bar
- under Permissions -> Notifications select your preference from the dropdown
- Go to Safari -> Preferences
- Go to the Notifications tab
- Find the website in the list and change its permission
1 thought on “How to enable (or block) push notifications from your browser preferences”
Samsung S6 requires a deeper dive inside the Setting Menu:
Setting gear > Notification > Advanced > Chrome > More Settings >(finally) Notification, with eventually a “Vibrate” option.